Reducing our environmental impacts
We’re always looking for ways to protect the environment by reducing the impact of our products and processes.
We have set ourselves rigorous targets and to help, we’re working with supply partners focused on the same thing.
For example, the company that we now source our 500ml PET bottles from is responsible for extracting 20 billion plastic bottles and containers from landfills every year and recycling them. They also focus on supporting organisations and government community recycling programs, including their membership of WRAP’s UK Plastics Pact scheme.
Some specific highlights relating to our own initiatives are outlined below:
500ml/330ml Hotfill Range
- We have reduced plastic used in our bottles by over 20%.
- We recycle our layer cards and re-use them in our own pallets which prevents these from going to landfill and also allows for more than a single-use item.
- We have also moved our forklifts to full electric to reduce CO2 emissions.
- All cleaning chemical containers are returned to our supplier to be recycled.
330ml Coldfill Range
- We are currently working with Westbury Environmental to develop an Environmental Management System.
- We have installed LED efficient lighting throughout the factory.
- We now have two brand new steam generators to improve site efficiency.
- All waste at our 330ml production site is streamed.
We have a number of products which contain plastic straws currently and are working with our packaging suppliers to find an effective solution to either replace these or in the short-term to switch to paper straws at the earliest opportunity. We hope to have news very soon on this new development in order to launch this early in 2019.
Our future pledge to reduce our environmental impact
We will continue our efforts to protect the environment. We hope that there continues to be a favourable supply of RPET to allow us to source good quality RPET competitively. If this continues to be the case, we will increase the amount of RPET used by 50% by 2021. Further to this we have an ongoing process that aims to reduce the amount of plastic in our hotfill bottles by a further 15%. We hope to achieve this by 2021 also.
If you have any questions about the above, do contact your account manager or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you shortly.